aid for kids

#1 von carlos , 24.07.2010 10:27

Haiti Relief

http://www.aidforkids.org/press/press.html

Deborah Hage writes:
Aid workers are pouring in from all over the world to Port Au Prince (PAP). The crises are being met as they can ... My focus is on Jeremie as that is where most of my contacts because that is where the orphanage and senior home are that I am intimately involved with. Almost all food to Jeremie is shipped from PAP. They are running out. The buildings in Jeremie are fine as they are 120 miles from the epicenter. Nothing collapsed. There are no injuries. Most people can get water from the rive ...dirty. Fresh fruits and vegetables are available for those with money. Fishing is continuing on a limited basis. No fuel for boats to set out into the deep ocean where most of the fish are. No more rice or beans -which is the staple - is coming in.

We, Jeremie Relief and Haiti Children Fund, have tentatively arranged for a helicopter to be assigned to Jeremie. We have used what funds we have to purchase a limited amount of food and supplies. Our supplies are in PAP at the airport now. It is hoped that we will begin to ferry some of the supplies to Jeremie by mid week.

The country is on the brink of anarchy.

The need in PAP is great. Many organizations are working there. Governments, Doctors with out Borders, Red Cross, United Nations, etc. However, the need in the countryside is also dire and there is no international organization able to hear the cries of growing hunger. Funds are needed immediately to open a pipeline to Jeremie.

Please send checks to

Lord of the Mountains, PO Box 1059, Dillon, Co 80435.
Mark the check with Haiti relief.

If you prefer to donate to an international organization I strongly suggest you send checks to Shelter Box, www.shelterbox.org.
The shelter box will be given directly to a family made homeless by the earthquake.

You may also donate through Aid for Kids and designate Haiti. We will make sure the funds are sent to Deborah Hage.

carlos  
carlos

Humedica Haiti:
Morita unterstützt Ärzte in Haiti

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz