Institute of latin american concern

#1 von carlos , 10.07.2010 23:59

Welcome to ILAC

Haiti Earthquake Relief Efforts and how you can help.

All of us in the Creighton community want to know what is being done, and more specifically, what we can do. As people of faith, each one of us can keep the Haitian people in our constant prayers. As a community that has special concern for the poor, we want to do more — and we are.

The Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC) located at “La Mision” near the city of Santiago, Dominican Republic, sent vital medical supplies and water filters to Haiti. A team of Creighton orthopedic surgeons, already in the Dominican Republic, also provided medicine and medical supplies to earthquake victims. A nine-member Creighton University surgical team departed Saturday, Jan. 16, bound for the Dominican Republic, to help treat victims of the Haiti earthquake.

Often the best support you can give in such calamities is to provide needed funds to agencies and operations with a grassroots presence in the area. To give to ILAC, click here to donate.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I! Send me."
Isaiah 6:8

Welcome to the website for the Institute for Latin American Concern (ILAC) at Creighton University, a department within University Ministry. We hope you will take the time to look at the many opportunities to serve and be served in partnership with the ILAC Mission in the Dominican Republic. We have a place for you if you have the "heart" to serve, whether you are a student, professional or lay person. Although you may give up the comforts of home during a typical ILAC Immersion Experience, you will get much more in return.

ILAC is an international, Catholic, Ignatian-inspired, collaborative health care and educational organization that exists to promote the integral well-being and spiritual growth of all of its participants.

carlos  
carlos

Helfende Hände Gabriele Prchala
Secours Dentaire International (SDI)

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz