Aid for Kids
Children's Food, Healthcare, Shelter and Education Fund
We are The Degenhardt FoundationImproving life for chldren and families worldwide is the mission of Aid For Kids. Currently, the focus is on humanitarian aid projects in Vietnam under the direction of Joy MyLien Degenhardt and supporting projects in Haiti, Africa and El Salvador. Aid for Kids, also known as the Degenhardt Foundation, is a 501(c)3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
* Tsunami Damage in Vietnam
* Book and Toy Library - Hoi An
* Cam Kim Boat Builders
* Clothes for the County
* Dental Project - five locations
* Medical Missions - five locations
o Family to Family - Small business development
o Special sponsorships
* Tet Holiday Celebrations
* Service Learning Program
* Mohale Orphan Support Association - Sponsor children in Lesotho, Africa
* Cam Ranh - Multiple Use Community Building
* Hydrocephalus Project
* Danang - Marstine project to sponsor children and to fulfill urgent needs for the orphanage/foster program
* Haiti - support for school lunch program
* Uganda, Africa - Support for school lunch program
* El Salvador - providing new clothes, toys and other needed items.
Completed or Active Projects 2008
* Store room at Vinh Son Orphanage
* Tile Project - Kontum
* Solar Hot Water Project - Ben Tre
* Toy Library
* Physicians for Peace (An Giang Medical Team)
* Computer Projects - Don Funk
Travel to participate in one of our projects.
Upcoming Volunteer opportunities will be posted here.
Read what other volunteers say about their experience.
Vietnam Culture Tour 2010
Vietnam Cultural ExchangeShare life experience, historical information, music, religion, enjoy different ethnic Vietnmese foods and exchange cultures between Vietnamese and American families.
This year's culture tour will begin in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) on Saturday, July 10 and take us to explore the region, on to My Tho Da Nang – Hoi An – Hue - Ha Noi – Sapa - Halong and departure from Hanoi July 25.