Specially Designated Exhibit Area Honors Dental Volunteers, Programs
Volunteer Celebration Area at ADA's 151st Annual Session and World Marketplace Exhibition
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In paying tribute to dental volunteers and programs that have provided desperately needed dental services and brought smiles to millions of people of children and adults around the globe, the American Dental Association's (ADA) and ADA Foundation's Give Kids A Smile program have designated a special exhibit area to honor volunteer efforts during the 2010 Annual Session and World Marketplace Exhibition.
Orlando's Orange County Convention Center is the site of the ADA's 151st Annual Session, from Oct. 9 - 12.
The "Volunteer Celebration Area" lauds dentistry's heroes to include: Give Kids A Smile program participants; donors who contribute to the ADA/HVO Adopt-a-Practice: Rebuilding Dental Offices in Haiti campaign; corporate donors and sponsors of charitable dental programs; and volunteers who participate in countless other access-to-care programs and causes in their own communities or in remote areas abroad.
Sponsored in part by SS White, a dental products manufacturer, the "Volunteer Celebration Area" also serves as a focal point for dental professionals wanting to learn how to make a difference and a source of information for national and international access-to-care volunteer opportunities.
Programs featured in the "Volunteer Celebration Area" include:
* ADA Give Kids A Smile Day
* ADA Foundation Give Kids A Smile (GKAS) Expansion Program
* America's Dentists Care Foundation (Missions of Mercy), an ADA Foundation GKAS Program Champion
* Health Volunteers Overseas
* ADA American Indian/Alaska Native Dental Placement Program
* TeamSmile, an ADA Foundation GKAS Program Champion
* National Museum of Dentistry, an ADA GKAS Foundation Program Champion
* American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry Head Start Dental Home Initiative, an ADA Foundation GKAS Program Champion
* Colgate Bright Smiles Bright Futures Program, an ADA Foundation GKAS Program Champion
* ADA National Children's Dental Health Month
* Smiles Change Lives, an ADA Foundation GKAS Program Champion
* National Association of School Nurses, an ADA Foundation GKAS Program Champion