Dental Mission ServeHAITI

#1 von carlos , 31.01.2016 17:22

ServeHAITI is a group of volunteers committed to working in solidarity with the people of Grand-Bois, Haiti. A community-centric approach has been adopted to address issues in medical care, clean water, education, nutrition and economic development, using cores values of respect, dignity and sustainability.

Dr. Rich Rodgers is a graduate of the Emory University School of Dentistry and has been in clinical practice for more than 25 years. He is a member or the American Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. In addition to his work with ServeHAITI, he regularly volunteers at the Ben Massell Dental Clinic in Atlanta, Georgia.

Dr. Rich first traveled to Grand-Bois in 2005 as part of a medical delegation. He remembers his first exposure to the mission:

“I became aware of ServeHAITI in 2004 when my friends, including Dr. Liz Lense, were sharing photos of a trip they made earlier that year. I had been interested in going on a dental “mission trip” out of the country for many years but had not come across any organization that I liked. I was not a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, that was organizing the trip, but my friends told me that was not a problem… everyone was welcome to contribute if they wanted to. Iimmediately, I told them that I was interested in going on a future trip. The next February (2005) I was on my way.”

Since then, Dr. Rich and Dr. Liz ( now relocated to FLA but remaining actively involved in the Dental Mission) have been on several trips with ServeHAITI where they have either provided direct patient care or clinical dental training for Haitian dentists. Over the years, Dr. Rich has helped lead dental trips, secure needed dental equipment and both Dentists advance our current Dental Public Health initiatives forward, especially for children and teens.

The ServeHAITI Dental Mission Team continues to plan trips and lead the way in providing quality dental care to a region in great need. We now have new Dental volunteers traveling from IL and IA as well. The Team ultimately desires to see the region become self sufficient in providing dental care and public dental education. Shorter-term goals include:

Increase number of dental volunteers to allow for bi-annual dental trips Develop a community education program on the importance of early dental care and effective prevention strategies
Develop methods for fluoride administration via dietary supplements or topical applications, for those who want it.
Receive the donations to help upgrade the dental equipment available on-site at the Health Center.

Please feel free to contact our Dental Mission Team at servehaiti@aol.com if you would like to join a trip, share your expertise or share information on dental equipment and supplies.

carlos  
carlos

Dental Health In Rural Haiti: Little-Known Health Problem Addressed By Nonprofits
work in Haiti

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz