Dental Volunteers

#1 von carlos , 24.10.2010 00:50

The best part of working with the Children's International Dental Project is the chance to combine a good time with a good deed. Each trip offers an opportunity to visit a foreign country, meet and take care of people in need of dental care, see the area and country – not as just a tourist – to expand your experiences and perhaps language skills. But, best of all, we have a great time and come away with many memorable, often life-altering, experiences.

Planning these special trips can be complex, but there are many ways that you can take part, either as an active, hands-on participant, or as a donor and supporter. Non-dental professionals come along to help in teaching children, and adults, how to brush and take care of their teeth, plus help in the cleaning and sterilization of instruments, assisting a dentist or managing the paperwork.

We concentrate on basic dentistry, i.e. preventive care, examinations, fillings (amalgam and some composites) and extractions. We have portable dental units, chairs and all the necessary supplies.

Logistics
When I started this I didn’t realize how challenging and complicated the logistics could be. Over the years, we have developed wonderful relationships and the great support necessary to make these missions, and your experience, exceptional.

Donations
Your financial support is invaluable to our continued work and your tax-deductible donations can be accepted by mail, made payable to: The Pikes Peak Community Foundation, Attn: The Children’s International Dental Project, 730 North Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903. The full amount of your donation goes to the purchase of dental supplies and dental equipment.

Volunteers
Our trips are limited to 16 volunteers, of which 4-6 are dentists. If you would like to volunteer, contact Dr. Orban. As an active participant, your trip donation includes airfare, transportation and accomodations. We will make all the necessary arrangements.
#

Contact Dr. James Orban by email to: drorban@dentalvolunteers.com

carlos  
carlos

Secours Dentaire International (SDI)

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen
Datenschutz